I’ve Misfueled Honda City in Leeds, What to Do Now?
Misfuelling Honda City in Leeds? Don’t panic, a lot of us make this mistake of misfuelling in our vehicles. In-fact every four minutes 1 person makes this error. It is an easy mistake to make and once you make this mistake a sudden panic kicks in and you think the City’s engine is ruined and you are going to face a huge bill for the lapse in concentration.
When you fill a diesel City with petrol there is a serious risk that you will damage your engine. Petrol acts as a solvent with repairs coming up to hundreds or even thousands of pounds if the engine ceases as the contaminated fuel goes through the system. Metal particles from the pump could be deposited in the fuel which risks further damage. It is important to properly and safely drain it.
Honda City Misfuelling Experts in Leeds
If you’ve mistakenly misfueled your City in Leeds, don’t panic as GMM1 Leeds has the right solution for your City. We cover all Leeds and every City model. What to do when you realize that you have put wrong fuel in your City in Leeds, if you haven’t started your City’s engine don’t start it. If possible, put your City in neutral and ask for help to shift it to a safe spot. GMM1 Leeds has expert City Misfuelling engineers who can drain your City’s engine at the cheapest online prices.
Misfuelled a City? Get it Fixed By Honda City in Leeds
The best way to get you back on the road is to drain the City fuel tank and get the filter cleaned or replaced. Fortunately, all these services are available at GMM1 Leeds and are done by experts with years of experience in this field. This is the best way to protect your City’s engine in Leeds from damage.
However, don’t be harsh on yourself as hundreds of thousands of drivers have done the same, 150,000 a year to be precise, so you are not alone.
Some Misfuelling Facts
One person every four minutes fills their vehicle in with wrong fuel which can wreak havoc on the interior workings, with repair bills amounting to hundreds of millions of pounds every year. Putting diesel in a petrol City engine will cause your engine to cut out and stop working. As diesel doesn’t ignite in the same way that petrol does, the spark plugs which ignite the fuel in your petrol engine will have no effect.
If you have misfueled your City in Leeds , follow these simple steps to get your engine started.
- If you want to get your City engine to start again, all the fuel needs to be drained from the fuel system and replaced with petrol or diesel. Call GMM1 Leeds now to get Misfuelling from your City by our wrong fuel experts.
- It’s hard to fill a petrol tank with diesel because diesel fuel nozzles are designed to not fit in petrol cars.
- However, it is all too easy to accidentally fill your diesel-fuelled City with petrol.
- Petrol does a lot of damage to your diesel engine as it finishes the lubricant used to keep it ticking over and cause metal components to grate against each other which causes them to crack and decompose.
- This just doesn’t damage the fuel pump and injection systems, it can also destroy the engine completely.